Acupuncturist / Herbalist
Eileen Karn, L. Ac., Dpl. Ac.
“My mission is to provide natural healthcare options for healing and wellness.” Eileen Karn, L.Ac.
I have been practicing Oriental Medicine for over 30 years, holding licenses in Connecticut and New York in acupuncture and massage therapy and national Board Certification in acupuncture and herbal medicine (NCCAOM) I graduated from the Tri-State College of Acupuncture in NY in 1985. I appreciate the concepts of Oriental Medicine as a total approach to health and healing from a truly holistic perspective, viewing and treating each person as unique from everyone else. With its rich 3,000 year old tradition, there is a never ending wealth of healing knowledge to draw upon.
For 6 years prior to acupuncture I performed shiatsu –acupressure massage. Those years doing shiatsu drew me to acupuncture — the early experiences of feeling the Qi in my hands when I worked with people was remarkable. No one had to convince me of the reality of the body’s energy systems! I attribute my gentle and knowledgeable treatment style to the sensitivity first developed doing acupressure and to the needling techniques I later acquired from the Japanese acupuncture tradition.
My herbal certification (Dipl.CH) from study with distinguished teachers Ted Kaptchuk (US) and Simon Mills (UK) was completed in 1992, providing me with a thorough clinical foundation in both Chinese and Western herbal medicine. I have always loved herbal medicine and starting in my early 20’s I was blending herbal teas and lotions from essential oils. Plants are such healers – it is a thrill to work with them.
Another strong influence on me has been my Qigong studies with Master Binhui He, originator of Taiji Five Element Qigong and Master Chunyi Lin, creator of Spring Forest Qigong. I am grateful to them and my many yoga teachers who have taught me to embrace the daily practice of energy cultivation techniques to maintain my health and integrity.
I was honored to take a leadership role in the state-wide effort beginning in 1985 to obtain Connecticut licensure for acupuncturists, which was finally granted 10 years later – in 1995. It was a tremendous advancement for acupuncturists to become licensed healthcare professionals. I am very proud to have stood shoulder to shoulder with my dedicated colleagues who worked so hard to make it happen.
I have logged a lot of experience and success in the treatment of chronic pain, muscular and skeletal problems, sports injuries, trigger point myofascial syndromes and stress disorders. Effective approaches to healthcare for women at all stages of life have also been a strong focus for my work. In addition to Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, and EFT- Emotional Freedom Technique – I teach techniques for clients to do at home including exercise, healing breath practices and meditation.
Always my goals are to touch and teach, providing inspiration for healthy change that creates balance and wholeness.
Please feel free to call and talk to me at (203) 353-8811. A conversation can often bring us to a good understanding of the right course for you.
All blessings for health and happiness,
Eileen Karn, L.Ac. Dipl.CH.
|Acupuncturist/Herbalist /Director||Meridian Wellness Center
66 Glenbrook Road /Stamford, CT 06902 203-353-8811
|Practice of Oriental therapies including acupuncture, traditional herbal medicine and since 1985|
|Senior Faculty Member, 1985-92||Lecturer and Clinical Supervisor: Tri-State Institute for
Traditional Chinese Acupuncture, 80 8th Ave, New York, NY 10011
|Faculty Member, 1997-current||University of Bridgeport, CT – College of Acupuncture|
|Lecturer, 2003||Doctor’s Speakers Bureau –Natural Health|
|Teacher, 1985 -current||Greenwich Continuing Education, Greenwich YMCA,
Stamford Commission on Aging , Adult and Continuing
Education, City of Stamford, Shamatha Yoga Studio, Stamford
“Yoga for Seniors”, “Yoga for Health”, “Acupressure Massage”
Licenses and Professional Affiliations
|Licensed Acupuncturist (L. Ac.)||Connecticut, 1995, license #011 New York, 1992, license #288|
|Certified Diplomate (Dpl. Ac.)||Acupuncture National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – current since 1985, certificate 921-0318-005|
|Certified Diplomate (Dpl. CH)||Chinese Herbal Medicine National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – 1994|
|President||Connecticut Acupuncture Association, 1989-92|
|Massage Therapist, (M. Th.)||Connecticut, 1994, New York, 1982|
|Acupuncture Detox Specialist||National Acupuncture Detox Association (NADA)
Dr. Michael Smith, Lincoln Hospital, Bronx, New York, certified 1992
|Graduate||Tri-State Institute for Traditional Chinese Acupuncture. Three-year state approved training program in acupuncture, 1985.|
|Chinese Herbal Medicine||Ted Kaptchuk, Two year course, completed 1992|
|Herbal Medicine Training
|Simon Mills, Ma. MNIMH, New York, NY and Exeter, England, 1986-88|
|Certified Instructor||Taiji Five Element QiGong, Master Binhui He, 2001|
Training and Apprenticeship
|Massage Therapy – Swedish Institute, New York, NY, 1981 Shiatsu Massage – Tao Healing Arts Center, New York, NY, 1978-79|
|Certified Yoga Instructor||Kundalini Yoga- Kundalini East NY, NY 2003
Meditation as Medicine ,D.S. Khalsa, Omega Institute 2002
Yoga Source, Darien, CT 1999 Hatha Yoga
Integral Yoga Institute, NY, NY 1983 Beginning Hatha Yoga
|Certification||Reiki, 1st & 2nd Degree, Heather Cumming, Reiki Master, 1999|
|Bachelor of Arts||University of Minnesota, 1974|
Testimonials for Eileen Karn
1. “Expert, calming influence.” – Andrea Zacher, age 47
2. “Wonderful woman, extremely professional.” – Bill Meyers, age 60
3. “Very professional, insightful, caring, confident.” – Peter Deutsch, age 44
4. “Eileen is fabulous. Excellent bedside manner, knows her stuff. Always makes you feel welcome.”
– Amy Altmann
5. “Eileen is a true healer. Her peaceful presence, combined with her powerful insight and skill, raised my body’s ability to cope with stress and brought serenity and light into my mind. She is absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend her for any and all treatments she offers.” – L.C., age 40
6. “I have been an acupuncture patient of Eileen’s since 1999 and consider her to be a critical component in the maintenance of my good health. I value her expertise and depth of knowledge and deeply appreciate the level of caring commitment she offers. With Eileen I have a partner in my healthcare and that is very important to me.” – Cathy J.
7. “Ms. Karn is professional, gentle with the needles, thoroughly knowledgeable regarding acupuncture, its effects on the body, and accommodating regarding payment. Provides water (essential after a session) and is concerned and caring of her patients. Her spirituality is omnipresent.” – Michelle D., age 60
8. “I found Eileen to be very gentle and attentive. Anything uncomfortable is corrected at once. She is knowledgeable and has insight into underlying causes of reported symptoms and ailments. I would recommend acupuncture to anyone.” – Danita A., age 51
9. “Eileen is a very caring person who listens well and who is very thoughtful with her approach to treatment.” – Eileen S., age 48
10. “Warm caring and professional.” – Karen R.
11. “She is a wonder and always available, always helpful.” – Bob C., age 74
12. “Eileen is a true professional. She is also a gifted and caring healer. I always know I am in good hands when I’m with Eileen.” – J.T., age 42
13. “A very nice, caring knowledgeable lady.” – H.G., age 74
14. “Eileen is very professional, caring and knowledgeable. She carefully listens to her clients’ issues and evaluates their symptoms before prescribing treatment.” – Chris K.
15. “I want to go back to her – she was so calming.” – K.S.
16. “Eileen is very knowledgeable about acupuncture and walks you through what to expect. She is a warm, friendly, caring, tranquil person. Just being with her makes you feel more at peace.” –
S.D., age 39
17. “Eileen is the best. Magical hands!” – R.P., age 63
18. “A very warm and caring individual. Shows concerns about her patients. The atmosphere in the office is very conducive to Eileen’s procedures. I would highly recommend her.” – Elaine R. Fier, age 75
19. “An extraordinary healer. Calm, confident manner. You feel that she really understands your issue.” – Julianna Sciolla
20. “I have known Eileen for many years. Eileen’s warm and caring manners as well as great skills are conducive to healing. She is a superb professional.” – M.C., age 73
21. “Eileen is thoughtful, compassionate, nurturing.” – C.P., age 65+
22. “In my experience she performs near miracles. Wonderful woman who I can’t say enough great things about. Eileen Karn has saved Anthem Blue Cross and my past health insurers six figures in potential surgery and rehab costs.” – John Clements, Age 46
23. “Extremely patient with all my conditions. Makes you very comfortable during treatment.” C.C., age 75